California > Santa Ana > The Prentice School

The Prentice School

Verified Listing

View Photos
(714) 538-4511
18341 Lassen Dr
Santa Ana, CA 92705
Category: Education & Training:Schools:Private Schools


About

After 25 years, The Prentice School is the only school of its kind in Southern California, providing the finest standards & research-based solution for bright students who learn differently.

School Mission:
To nurture the full potential of bright, capable students who learn differently (dyslexia, dysgraphia, and other processing difficulties) through mastery of skills, development of a “toolbox” for lifelong learning and the celebration of the individual strengths of each student. To serve as a resource for students and their families through early intervention, assessment, support services, current information and research, and/or recommendations for alternative educational avenues.


Products And Services

Is Prentice the right solution for your child?

Is your bright and creative child having difficulty mastering the written and spoken word? Do you wonder why it’s hard for him or her to:

Read, spell, and write?
Follow directions?
Retrieve words?
Comprehend math facts?
Use fluid, legible handwriting?
Work to potential?
The problem may be a language learning difference.
Language learning differences (also referred to as Specific Language Disability, SLD or Dyslexia) interferes with a child’s ability to retain and express language at a level commensurate with their average to above average intelligence. If your child exhibits these symptoms—especially a reading or spelling problem—you should seek a professional opinion.

Early intervention is critical
Studies show that when children with a language learning difference are provided with appropriate instruction by age 8, they have an 85 percent chance of achieving excellent academic growth. But if they not get help until age 10-11, their chance of achieving significant academic growth plummets to only 15 percent. Please don’t wait until your child is in third or fourth grade to address this issue. Early intervention is critical to preventing frustration and academic failure.

“Prentice has taught me that there is nothing wrong with being dyslexic”

—Prentice student

Curriculum:
This school is best known for its multisensory language program
Special education programs designed specifically for students with language or speech impairment and specific learning disabilities.
This school offers the following special programs: vocational training or career education and virtual/online instruction.

Activities and Sports:
Girls sports: basketball, cheerleading, soccer, softball, track, volleyball, Handball and Yoga.
Boys sports: basketball, baseball, soccer, track, volleyball, Handball and Yoga.
This school has the following art(s) programs: theater/drama, chorus, drawing/painting, electronics/technology, gardening, yearbook, creative writing, Radio Show, Twilight Zone Class, Film Class, Assistive Technology Tools Class and Social Skills.


Payment Options

Visa, Mastercard, Discover, Cash, Checks, Debit


Languages Spoken

English, Spanish, Italian, Vietnamese, ASL


Year Founded

1986


Number Of Locations

1


Number Of Employees

50+


Reviews and Ratings for The Prentice School

Be the First to Write a Review!
 
 
Characters Remaining: 2000
   
Protected by FormShield

 

Add a Review for The Prentice School

 
 
Chars Remaining: 2000
   
Protected by FormShield

 


Report Offensive/Inappropriate review

Review you are reporting:


...
From on

Please fill out the following:

Your e-mail address:


Your feedback:

 

Bios
Events
Products
 
Close

Driving Directions for ...

Copyright © 2008 - 2019 Best of the Web | Browse By State/Top Cities | Privacy Policy | Help | Add a Business